If you are considering publishing an ebook, you may be asking yourself these questions. What is the most cost effective and easiest way to go about creating an ebook? After it is created and published, where will I go to distribute it? How much will I make from my ebook?
There are a variety of ebook distributors to choose from and below is a list of just a few.
Amazon Digital Text Platform or DTP as it is known in the digital world. With this platform, you will be able to upload your book without using any middleman to take a portion of your profits. Amazon also offers 70% royalties after adhering to some specific rules.
Smashwords belongs to the list of pioneers in ebook publishing and is a true do it yourself operation. With their free style guide, it is simple to create your very own ebook and have it ready to sell within minutes. The amount they charge is small so you will get the lion’s share of the profits generated from your creation.
Lulu just happens to be a designated aggregator for the Apple iBookstore. When you publish with Lulu Apple gets 30% of all the revenue generated on the iBookstore. You will receive 80% and Lulu gets 20% of what is left after Apple gets its cut.
FastPencil provides distribution through Barnes & Noble’s ebookstore. You will be able to self-publish using their easy packages. Royalty rates with FastPencil are similar to Lulu.
How To Self-Publish
Publishing an ebook may be the best way to get your message out to potential readers. Many people choose to publish ebooks to sell to others on the Internet, and still others publish them as a means of generating traffic to their business websites or to gain credibility online by giving them away. Either way self-publishing is a great way to get your book online quickly and begin to gain visibility for your purposes. But how does one self-publish their product? Here are some tips.
1. Make sure that your book is well written and about a topic that will be interesting to others.
2. The cover should grab the attention of your targeted audience. Just like with print books, the first thing that will be seen is the cover of your ebook. If it is not interesting and professional in appearance, most people will not give it a second thought.
3. Pricing your ebook correctly will help it sell. With the abundance of books for sell on the Internet, pricing cheaply is the best way to go.
4. Be sure that when you publish your ebook you have the option of setting your own price.
5. Marketing your book is one of the most important things you should do once you have completed all of the above. After all, you won’t be able to sell it if no one knows it is for sale nor where to find it.
Once you have all of the above accomplished you will be set to rake in the earnings. And the best thing about this is that you will be able to do it all over again, as many times as you want, whether you are selling it for a profit or giving it away as proof that you know what you are talking about.
Hint: Get help on bookkeeping services today!